Sunday 12 February 2012

Guinness Irish Stout

Guinness is probably the most famous beer in the world. Even Afghanistan has an Irish pub. So to make this post somewhat unique I decided to review a rare type of Guinness; one I poured myself.

The Maple Leaf lounge at the Toronto airport had complimentary Guinness on tap. They even have a little info card with helpful directions on how to pour the perfect pint.


Aside from the novelty factor from getting to pour my own pint (which was a definite plus), how was it?


A very smooth beer with just a hint of bitterness. The pour is really key. The foam brushes the top of your mouth with every sip creating a very pleasant light robust texture that adds to the overall experience. It's not an overly complex beer flavor-wise, but that's probably one of the trade offs you make when you create a global brand.


I give it five out of seven thumbs up, with a shout out to Air Canada for letting me pour it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment